Belgrade, Central Serbia
Additional Fees
Number of Destinations

7-Day New York City, Washington, D.C., Niagara Falls & Boston In-Depth Tour (NOT RECOMMENDED)

My wife and I were on this tour from 27th May to 2nd June 2016. We chose this tour because last year we had good experience with the 7-Day New Death Valley, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Disneyland/San Diego & Universal Studios Tour (West Coast) and we were very satisfied. However, this tour was a disaster.

Day one: We arrived from Frankfurt, Germany at 130 p.m. at the JFK airport, NYC. We got the SMS message from our tour guide Cindy that instead of her we will be picked up by Nancy, her assistant. Nancy told us to wait for other people from the group at the airport, which took quite a while. After two hours of waiting, Nancy disappeared. In the meantime, I phoned Cindy to give me an alternative way of transportation to go to the hotel. She didn’t and we waited until 5 p.m., which was four and a half hours of waiting by then. Nobody else from the group appeared. Finally, after hours of waiting, we went to our hotel, but because of the traffic jam (rush hour) we arrived at 730 p.m. and missed the exclusive New York Night Tour.

Day two: More or less everything was O.K., except for the condition of the bus. It was old, uncomfortable (not enough leg space), seats couldn’t be adjusted in the right position, and after heavy raining, the roof was leaking.

Day three: After visiting Princeton University, we arrived in Philadelphia. We saw only the historical part of the city and when I asked Cindy to pass quickly through the rest of city, she answered that it depended of the driver. Of course, we didn’t pass through the rest of the city. We spent the afternoon in the oldest Amish settlement in the US. The tour seemed more like a safari, as the girl that guided us was pointing with her finger and laughing at the Amish saying: ‘Look there! The Amish are hiding from us!’. It was very rude and a very unpleasant experience. Furthermore, it was too much time spent in such a small place.

Day four: After a nice day in Washington, D.C. (Memorial Day parade) we had break in the parking lot of a supermarket and small shopping mall. The shower suddenly started and my wife and I started rushing to the bus. However, the driver whose name was Chang or Chan, slammed the door just as we wanted to step in, and moved the bus 200 meters away. He did the same thing to a family from India. We were completely wet. I asked him whether he saw us, and he answered: ‘Yes, I did.’. What else is there to say?

Day five: In the morning we arrived at Corning Museum of Glass. We were not interested to visit the museum and asked Cindy how to reach the city. She answered that it is not possible because there is no transportation from the museum. I asked a very kind lady from the museum, and she told us that there is free shuttle bus from museum to city every 15 minutes, but she also recommended that we come back walking over the old bridge (10 minutes walk). We spent 2 hours in the lovely city of Corning. We had a lunch at the main historical street full of nice restaurants. In the late afternoon we came to the Niagara Falls.

Day six: Visiting Niagara Falls was an unforgettable experience. We started our way to Boston around 10 a.m. Cindy changed the program, and instead of lobster dinner in the evening with a night view of Boston, she changed it into a lunch for the day after.

Day seven: Our group started the trip early in the morning. We visited Harvard and MIT. In Boston, we didn’t visit any tourist attractions s promised in the program. We had a bus sightseeing, which was no different than watching it on YouTube. At the Quincy Market, one part of the group had lobster brunch and my wife and I went to the city to see the famous Trinity Church. We came back 2 minutes before the agreed meeting time (at 1143). I was suspicious and asked my wife to make my photo in the front of Crocs shop (meeting point) with a cellphone in my right hand showing the time 1145 a.m. After that, I phoned Cindy (roaming in the US is very expensive) and the bus had already left. She apologized and the bus cam back for us. My wife and I changed the bus 2 hours before NYC, because we went back to NYC. The driver, I don’t know the name, stopped 200 hundred meters away from the our new bus. We carried our suitcases to the other bus because he didn’t want to stop closer. Finally, we arrived to our other accommodation in NYC, where we stayed 10 more days in our own arrangement.

Conclusion: We had an extremely bad experience with tour guide, comfort of bus and drivers. In the program of tour, the tip is obliged. For what? In every normal country, the tip is optional if the customer is satisfied. 51 passengers, 7 days, $8 per day per passenger is $2856 total. If I needed the receipt for my tax benefits, I couldn’t get it for tips and admission paid in cash, but it is a question for the USA authorities and tax collectors.

All in all, I would NOT recommend this tour to anybody. My mark is 0 (zero), because of everything I mentioned in the review. There are a lot of additional remarks I didn’t mention here, but the list could just go on.

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). borislavk is overall dissatisfied with Tours4Fun. The most disappointing about tours4fun 7-day new york city, washington, d.c., niagara falls and boston in-depth tour tour at Tours4Fun was very bad Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Tours4Fun.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Travel Agencies category for more informed decision or compare Tours4Fun to other companies on our site.

Comments